DJ CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
DJING 101+ (adults) - $200*
This 3 week course covers the following topics through classroom lectures and hands-on labs facilitated by WeJam Certified Coaches:
- DJ History
- DJ & Sound Engineering Terminologies & Concepts
- DJ Hardware Overview & Lab (1200 Turntables, CD Players, DJ controllers)
- DJ Software Overview & Lab (Deep Dive w/ Serato DJ)
- 4/8 Count & Cue Points
- Equipment Setup, Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Beat Matching/Blending, BPM, Scratching, Looping & EFX
- *The Business of DJing - Learn valuable techniques on how to land more DJ gigs & get paid top dollar for your services...Learn strategies for mastering wedding receptions and corporate events...Receive access to a "Mobile DJ Toolkit" to help build, manage and grow a profitable, professional DJ business...you will be added to the WeJAM DJ database for potential gigs.
Participants do not have to own DJ equipment to attend this course as a DJ controller and laptop will be provided.
CLICK HERE for a list of great starter controllers from Numark
Upon completion of this course, participants will have a sound understanding of audio/DJ terminologies, basic beat matching, cuing, scratching, equipment set up & troubleshooting.
Participants will also receive a WeJam Certificate of Completion, a WeJam DJ Academy membership card good for discounts at any of our local sponsors, a flash drive of music to start a digital database and will be added to the WeJam DJ database which will allow them to bid on paying gigs that request WeJam DJ services.
intro 2 Djing (Homewood, IL) - $150
This 4 week course is tailored for beginners and covers the following topics through classroom lectures and hands-on labs facilitated by WeJam Certified Coaches:
DJ & Sound Terminologies & Concepts
DJ Hardware Overview & Lab (1200 Turntables, CD Players, DJ controllers)
Building and organizing your musical library
DJ Software Overview & Lab w/ Serato DJ Intro
4/8 Count & Cue Points
Equipment Setup, Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Beat Matching/Blending, BPM, Scratching, Looping & EFX
This class meets on Saturdays for 90 minutes each session and is open for ages 12 on up. Melody Mart Inc is located at 18062 Dixie Hwy, Homewood, IL. The cost of this course is $150, with a $50 non-refundable deposit due upon registration. The remaining balance will be due prior to the start of the 3rd session. Class sizes are limited to only 8 students to foster a collaborative, nurturing learning environment.
Participants do not have to own DJ equipment to attend this course, but are welcome to bring their own. DJ controllers will be provided and participants should bring their own laptop. An email confirmation will be sent upon registration with payment options and class details; flex payment options will be available upon request.
Turntablism 101 - hourly rate
Ever want to learn the fundamentals of spinning vinyl? This offering is specific to using turntables only. This class is for 2-3 people, in a private setting. Students will also learn how to apply their basic turntable skills for using 1 turntable, Serato DJ Pro & Instant Doubles
To request a private session or for more info, CLICK HERE.